Re: [Asrg] FeedBack loops

2008-11-13 12:54:54
On 13/11/2008 09:12, "Rich Kulawiec" <rsk(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org> wrote:

I have considerably more analysis to do, but it appears to me at this
time that the AOL "report as spam" button has been used exclusively:

- in error
- as a substitute for unsubscribing
- as a means of expressing disagreement with message content
- as a means of expressing antipathy toward message sender

I plan to extend this analysis to other feedback loops, but I'll be
somewhat surprised if users elsewhere behave differently.

You're making that judgment based on an intentionally limited sample of
complaints.

Your sample does not reflect whether the complaints can be useful to ISPs,
or to commercial mailers -- two groups which represent the vast majority of
feedback recipients, and thus of the ARF userbase.