Re: [Asrg] Projecting

2008-11-29 06:25:37
To answer John L's question:  Pays an ESP, or pays to license mailing
list management or CRM software, or most likely in Amazon's case pays
a small army of DBAs and programmers and marketers and HTML designers
and MTA administrators.

Add it all together and it's a drop in the bucket compared to the
aggregate recipients' costs, despite a great deal of wishful thinking
by ESPs who would like to imagine that their business models are not
dependent on the charity of the world's mail systems.

No sender, legitimate or spammer, pays anything like the full cost of
handling their mail.  It's all subsidized by recipients.  As I've said
over and over, that's fine for the mail we want.

R's,
John