Re: [Asrg] UCEPROTECT's comment on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-02-27 18:57:46
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Claus v. Wolfhausen <
c(_dot_)v(_dot_)wolfhausen(_at_)spamkiller(_dot_)uceprotect(_dot_)net> wrote:

I explained it multiple times that self-removals are not a choice for us,
because Spammers will always find a way to break them.

Except that's not an issue for Spamcop. I can't say for sure because I'm on
the outside looking in, but it seems like many other lists don't have an
issue with it either.

Since no one wants to do manual delistings 24/7 free of charge and
neither we nor our users want to spend additional resources because
it doesn't matter to us, if the listee stays listed for a week, we have
chosen to let those that need an immediate removal pay for their faults.

Many (volunteer, even!) lists handle delistings free of charge. 24/7
coverage is a lot to ask of any list, and I don't see that anyone is arguing
for that as a standard.

 Q.E.D. For UCEPROTECT there is no way besides the automatic and
free expiration than charging for expedited removal and letting external
persons doing that job.

There's always another way. You just don't want to consider those, which is
your prerogative. But other ways do exist and are doable.

Also, just FTR: SORBS no longer charges for delisting. From
http://www.sorbs.net/overview.shtml:

*>Note:* Use of this service is currently free of charge. There is no charge
for removal from the proxy, vulnerability, relay, zombie, spam or DUHL
databases.

--kelly