Re: [Asrg] whitelisting links (was Re: misconception in SPF)

2012-12-11 08:53:13
Michael Thomas wrote:

Anybody who thinks that using HTML or outsourcers are "worst
practices" is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

  I highly disagree.  A local bank just hired an outside firm to
  spam a "newsletter" to their customers in my area. It was quite
  difficult to tell if it was legitimate, as the bank had published
  SPF records, yet failed to provide the ip's of the outsourcers
  servers. And then used the banks domain name as the source.

  This should not be acceptable behavior, especially for a financial
  institution. It trains their customers to just accept anything
  and everything, they should be setting the bar, not lowering it.

-john