Re: [Asrg] whitelisting links (was Re: misconception in SPF)

2012-12-11 09:29:22
 I highly disagree.  A local bank just hired an outside firm to
 spam a "newsletter" to their customers in my area. It was quite
 difficult to tell if it was legitimate, as the bank had published
 SPF records, yet failed to provide the ip's of the outsourcers
 servers. And then used the banks domain name as the source.

I think we can all agree that being incompetent is a worst practice.

There are plenty of companies that oursource their advertising and
even a fair number who outsource transactional mail, but get the
domains and SPF and DKIM correct.

Running mail properly is hard, hiring people who know what they're
doing rather than trying to fake it yourself is often a good idea.