Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM BOF agenda

2005-10-25 01:19:11

Mark Delany wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 03:02:05PM -0700, Dave Crocker allegedly wrote:

Folks,

1.  Agenda & introduction (10)
2.  Walk through proposed charter (15)
3.  Discussion of proposed charter -- open (20)
4.  Walk through threat analysis -- Fenton (15)
5.  Walk through base spec -- Allman (10)
6.  Walk through policy spec -- Allman (10)
7.  Introduce other deliverables (10)
8.  Open discussion of specs & deliverables -- open (20)
9.  Decision: should a WG be formed with this charter? (10

In thinking more about the agenda, some questions occur:

In either case, I do wonder whether we can have item 9 as early as
possible on the list. Perhaps even up 4?

If, for some reason 9. takes more time than we like, we sort of run
out of room to complete the activity. And, not completing 9. seems
like the only thing we *have* to get done.

Those are fine suggestions, and in fact we'd already considered
that if things are going well we might be in a position to
do #9 at the end of #3. Might be optimistic though since there'll
likely be lots of people in the room who aren't on the list and
who'd need the background before they hum. We'll see when we get
there.

As to Dave's point, I regard the timings are rough, but especially
#3 gets priority and if the discussion's productive then I'd have
no problem taking as long as it takes. We can decide to go +/- 5 mins
on the technical presentations on the spot.

Stephen.