Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM BOF agenda

2005-10-26 07:33:17

You don't have to convince yourselves. You have to convince the people in the room (whoever that might be) to the tune of rough consensus. That's the audience you're playing to.

I believe this captures the problem nicely and concisely.

It means that a substantial constituency from industry can organize to solve a serious problem, can develop interoperable implementations, can agree that the mechanism is an important component to solving that problem, can obtain supportive evaluations as to the nature and technology of the mechanism, but can be prevented from forming an IETF working group if a random occurrence of folks with, at best, incidental involvement in the topic happen to hum against it.

I don't suppose anyone else sees this as a thoroughly inappropriate veto mechanism for forming standards for critical, global services?

d/