[ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE: Better definition of "DKIM signing complete" required

2006-11-24 08:05:28
Hector Santos wrote:

are you proposing, suggesting, hinting, a new possible technical
constructs for NEWS?

I did that some months ago (early 2006), and it was rejected as too
obscure.  But we have everything in place to adopt DKIM for Netnews
later, most important the registry of canonicalization algorithms -
you've already posted an I-D in this direction.

If "they" (the news server folks) want it, replacing an old existing
system to sign headers.  Maybe they don't want it.  That's IMO stuff
for 2008 after some USEPRO-RFC explaining basic operations without
this feature is ready and on standards track.

For the purposes of an SSP "I sign everything DKIM-complete" today
we can simply state that such domains SHOULD NOT be used in Netnews.

As they SHOULD NOT be used on _irregular_ mailing lists.  Maybe more
cases, we should ask the 'lemonade' folks what they think about this
"I (defined by 2822-From) sign everything DKIM-complete" construct.

Frank