Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: "I sign everything" yes/no

2006-11-26 02:18:04
Jim,

I agree with what others have said, that the netnews, two way pager gateways, and mailing lists are all substantially the same, except for one key thing: in the case of mailing lists it WILL be possible in some way for those systems to preserve the signature, should they so choose. That leaves the cases. Here, the simple answer is that a message must make it TO the originating domain to be signed. That's a change, but not a huge one from my perspective. Some GPRS based phones already let you specify a mail system. There is a business model issue that potentially gets in the way, but I'm not sure we should code to it. Netnews is a separate case, but again not worth delving into here.

Eliot