Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: "I sign everything" yes/no

2006-11-28 06:54:36
Charles,

Forgive my sloppy message, but netnews *is* a separate case, and I'm not going to go there with you on this list (others already have). Mail / Unicast mechanisms require either 3rd party authentication or the message to flow back to the 1st party through some authenticated and trusted chain. So, for instance, consider GPRS. If I have an email address lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com that I want to use to send mail from my phone, then either I use my corporate MSA or there is a third party record of some sort for my provider. Those are really the only two possibilities, and neither of which is a substantial architectural change.

Eliot