[ietf-dkim] Re: Role of Sender header as signing domain

2006-11-28 08:27:15
Hector Santos wrote:

Why are you stuck on Sender?  It is not the author or owner of the
message and that is whats important in DKIM.

If the sender is different from the From address(es) it's clearly
not the author.  But at that time it's the owner, responsible for
many technical details, Dave's "secy" in RFC 733.

For Resend-* the owner at that time is the "resender", responsible
for picking this way to forward the mail to somebody else.  It should
work often.  But not in scenarios where an anti-replay mechanism or
something else stripped important (for DKIM) header fields of the
original sender (author or secy).  Or if the original mail is old.

this is a petition for reopening this Issue. That gives 1 vote, but
you will need lots more to take action. So I invite anyone else who
supports this view to reply with a +1.

+1  Hector's "owner" proposal makes me nervous, the owner is somebody
who has a mail, it can be the receiver, a secy, a list, a gateway, ...

Frank