[ietf-dkim] Re: Role of Sender header as signing domain

2006-11-28 10:44:53
Scott Kitterman wrote:

So how do we start down this path without ending up with PRA?

Well, I've often posted that while I hate PRA anything else (in
2822-land) is far worse, because it's incorrect... ;-)

2822.From is the only identity that is reliably displayed to
the end user.

In that point I agree with Hector:  The problems of braindead
MUAs are out of scope.  A MUA ready for 4406 would display the
PRA, it's a SHOULD in 4406.  An OE for Vista probably <shrug />

Other MUAs can probably display the Return-Path if desired, as
they should wrt 3834, 4408, and SMTP in general.  But that's
irrelevant for DKIM, DKIM is designed to be SMTP-agnostic (like
PRA).

Follow this trail to the end and you end up protecting
resent-sender again.

Yes.  The alternative is to deprecate Resend-*, and I'd support
to deprecate it.  It breaks any serious attempt to make sense
out of the 2822-header fields for PRA or SSP or 4409 8.1 again
and again.

Frank