[ietf-dkim] Today's jabber notes...

2007-02-22 13:28:40

..attached. Please check to see if something you care about
was discussed since there weren't enough people present
to be confident of rough consensus.

Stephen.

The DKIM wg had a jabber session on Feb 22nd 1600-1700 UTC.

Taking part were
        Stephen Farrell (co-chair)
        Eric Allman
        Paul Hoffman
        Mike Thomas

jabber log: http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/dkim/2007-02-22.html

Since there were so few present, the conclusions drawn must be tentative.
Please comment if you disagree with something in these notes.

The agenda was:

a) revuew suggested milestone dates
b) SSP related issues from the tracker
c) Prague meeting items
d) AOB

a) Milestone dates
------------------

The milestone for the SSP protocol WGLC was too early in July so the revised
milestones became:

Mar 2007        WG last call on SSP requirements
May 2007        WG adoption of SSP protocol draft
Nov 2007        WG last call on SSP protocol
Nov 2007        WG last call on overview document

If there's no debate on this on the list I'll foward that to Russ in a week
(Mar 1).

b) Issues from tracker
----------------------

We reviewed the issues from the tracker. Some of these had already been
considered at the 20061107 jabber session or in San Diego, but we went through
them anyway.

The list is at:

https://rt.psg.com/Search/Results.html?Order=ASC&Query=Queue%20%3D%20'dkim'%20AND%20(Status%20%3D%20'open'%20OR%20Status%20%3D%20'new')&Rows=50&OrderBy=id&Format=

Summarising the outcome:

1356, 1357, 1362, 1363: Mike to check with Dave Crocker that
      these can now be safely CLOSED.
1360: CLOSED barring list objections
1364: Mike to check with Dave again, thinks this can be CLOSED.
1365: Eric to check on list if we have consensus to drop 5.3 requirement 2,
1383: CLOSED - we decided that in San Diego
1386: Not clear what the requirement is - Mike to mail PHB asking for
      clarification
1398: Eric to raise this on the list - want clarification from Frank
1399: Mike to add a requirement like "the protocol MUST be crystal
      clear as to when SSP must be invoked" and then CLOSE this
1402: Stephen to raise on the list & add to Prague agenda
1408: Jabberers wanted to CLOSE this one with no change

If you raised an issue, or if you care about one, please check that the
suggested disposition above is ok.

(Eliot, if no-one objects in the meantime, can you handle the tracker changes
implied above in a week's time?)

Mike is aiming to have a -03 I-D out before the cutoff (Mar 5) with the hope
that we can start WGLC on that (even if there may be an issue or two remaining
open at that stage).

c) Prague agenda items

Stephen will send a mail with a suggested agenda in a couple of days.

It'll include slots for discssion on:

- issue 1402 & WGLC on ssp-reqs generally
- when/what BCP type work should be do (suggested by Eric)

d) AOB
------

None