Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Today's jabber notes...

2007-02-27 14:38:44
Frank Ellermann wrote:
Stephen Farrell wrote:
If no-one else gets to it before Monday (hint hint)

At least I've now identified a part of #1398.  The general
question is:  "What is the relevant SSP for a mail arriving
without (incl. broken) DKIM signature" ?

Some folks here apparently think that the 2822-From has to
be used.  I'm unconvinced for mails with a Sender or some
kind of Resent-* header fields.

I think that a distinction can be drawn between what SSP defines,
and how people can use it. We need to define at least one binding between a DKIM signature and an outside 2822 origination address.
I think there's pretty good agreement that 2822.From is a very
interesting address. The question you raise, I think, is whether
there are other addresses like Sender, etc. I'll observe that
nothing prevents you from doing an SSP lookup on any address or
domain that you desire, so at some level you are accommodated.
Does there really need to be anything more formal at this point?
I hope not because it likely a deep rathole that in the end isn't
too likely to change anything in the protocol itself (IMO, of course).

                Mike