Re: MX dot was (Re: [ietf-dkim] TXT wildcards SSP issues

2007-06-04 08:49:50
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Stephen Farrell

I don't want to have an arguement. Stats are hard to come
by and I'm
genuinely curious.  Offlist is fine.
Offlist is better since this is off topic.

We already decided NOT to include a requirement that SSP be able to express the "nomail" practice. Let's spend the time elsewhere, where we have issues to decide.

NOMAIL is out of scope, but wildcard is in scope.

The relevance here is that it looks like we can get 95% or better coverage of
the real use cases here by acknowledging that wildcards are primarily an issue
for NOMAIL.

It is? If I sign everything for my domain, I'd like to be able to say
that for both the top level domain, and all of the subdomains too,
right?

                Mike