Re: [ietf-dkim] third party signing, DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-05 11:04:32
In light of the comments by Bill Oxley and my belief that the ability of
a domain to designate signing by a specified 3rd party is useful, I'd
like to see this included in the update. I believe this would be useful
for ISPs as well as ESPs. I don't have any specific wording or proposals
on this.

If you want to do that, please start with a clear explanation of the
reasons that the current methods to delegate signing to a third
party are unusable.

My impression is that when we get down to the nuts and bolts, this has
invariably turned out to be an argument that it is too hard to get
people to set up the DNS records currently needed to do delegated
signing, but it would be easy to get them to set up some other kind of
DNS records.  The chance of getting anything through the IESG with
that argument is zip, so I wouldn't bother.

R's,
John