Re: [ietf-dkim] brand protection, was Is anyone using ADSP?

2009-10-14 15:42:43
Doug Otis wrote:

On 10/14/09 10:51 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

All of which begs the basic question of why this thread is being pursued?
The
questions and answers aren't new.

Good question.

While email reputation has managed to retain a semblance of email
functionality, this often results in more than 90% of the email stream
being refused.  These refusals are often based upon the reputation of
the IP address used by SMTP clients.

DKIM offers an opportunity to leverage names as a mechanism for
acceptance and to authorize third-party domains that might act on behalf
of the Author Domain without formal arrangements.  The authorization
could be done in a safe and economical manner to allow Author Domains a
means to benefit from the other domains reputation and services, and to
better ensure messages are accepted.

+1.

However, I think the answer is Dave is seeking is evidence of problems
which in his mind because RFC 5617 is only a standard by name and not
supported by anyone, there is no problem.   I guess that is only
possible if indeed RFC 5617 will never be used by anyone.

==