Re: [ietf-dkim] brand protection, was Is anyone using ADSP?

2009-10-16 07:26:01

--On 14 October 2009 10:51:10 -0700 Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:

You're trying very hard to infer something that was not stated or
implied in either what Dave said above or in the specs themselves.

In general, people are trying very hard to infer something from DKIM
signatures and from ADSP that simply can't be safely inferred from the
protocols as they have been defined so far.

Some constructive work would be really helpful here rather than all this
fist-pounding

All of which begs the basic question of why this thread is being pursued?
The  questions and answers aren't new.

d/

I'll guess that it's because the conversation helps its participants to
understand the issues. If I've come across as fist-pounding, or repetitive,
then I apologise. I do, however, have a better understanding of the issues
than when I started, and I hope that others do, too.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex