Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Deployment Guide Section 6.1/6.5 (ADSP/Forwader) conflict

2009-10-18 23:39:30
This is the mailing list advice that I strongly suggest we NOT attempt
to provide at this point.

strongly disagree. Filtering early is more likely to pickup signature
breakage and protect the down stream recipient. Its more likely to
reject back to the sender if they configured stuff wrong.

Advice could be split between forwarders that break signature and those that
done. Keep in mind the dkim goal of is message integrity not reputation
(despite its usefulness here).

This is exactly the kind of speculation to which I was referring.  Nobody
at this point has more than the most rudimentary experience with DKIM and
mailing lists, nobody has any experience with ADSP at all.  I won't rehash
all the reasons that the mailing list "message integrity" argument is
utterly wrongheaded, but there is clearly no consensus on it.  So stop it,
already.

Go write some software, use it, and come back and tell us about your
experience with it.

R's,
John