Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-24 19:47:22
I think "dormant" will work, if this is the route we decide to take.
But I think we won't be completely dormant, anyway, if we're gathering
data and reviewing the informational documents, and perhaps updating
them.

I think it would be nice if we had (if already done, reestablish) a
foundation for what exactly we are looking for during this "dormant"
period.

Agreed.

  - Personal Community/Network (AKA Local Sites) Statistics?
  - Growth of Incoming Signed Messages
      - Percentage of Spam
      - Percentage of 1st, 3rd party
      - Percentage of failed hashing from EyeBalled Good guys.
  - Growth of ADSP domains
  - Growth of Open Standard Reputations Systems
  - Growth of Open API Commercial Reputations Systems
  - Exclusivity Analysis (What If)
      - What if your other current filters (i.e. SPF)
        was not around?
      - What if Remailers honored ADSP?
  - FOG (Flash Of Genius) protocol fitting solutions

etc, some form of foundation for producing a formal report after 1+
years or at some group agreed date.

That sounds like a good set to start discussion with.  And, yes, I
like the idea of having a report on the work-item list.

Barry, as participant