Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-29 13:42:28
On 4/29/10 11:32 AM, "Michael Thomas" <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com> scribbled:
Ok, I just looked at you ADSP record which I have a lot more familiarity.
I'd say that yes, your ADSP record is misconfigured if you expect your
messages to survive through mailing lists. discardable is a very
restrictive policy which is appropriate for transactional mail, etc,
that you really don't care if it gets thrown away if somebody (like
a mailing list) breaks the signature.

Understood.

What I'd advise is something like put all of your transactional mail
in a subdomain and set it to "discardable", but don't do that to all
your corpro users. There are other ways to go about this, but I'd say
that you're playing with fire lumping all your stuff together as it
appears that you're doing now.

For non-obvious reasons it would be easier to do it the other way.
Make corp come from a subdomain and change the policy there and
keep transactional as paypal.com.

The politics of that are something I'll leave to Brett.

Or you can just do what a lot of people do which is to tell users of
external lists not to post from their corpro accounts :)

Head-in the sand is always appealing.  :)

-Jot
--
Jot Powers   jpowers(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com
480-221-1157   skype:jotebay