Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-28 13:14:15
or this might be a narrow scenario where ADSP could do less harm
than good.

could you elaborate. I'm rusty on ADSP. Was a MLM option introduced?

No, ADSP can say "throw away mail that purports to be from me if it's not
signed", and the MLM could apply it to incoming mail.

Your proposal that MLM remove Signatures would cause restrictive
policies to fail. Seems like ADSP would make things worse in this
case.

Indeed.  I'm assuming that any list that paid attention to ADSP would sign
its outgoing mail and would expect its recipients to trust it enough to
whitelist the list's mail.  Or equally (more?) likely, ADSP doesn't really
work, and users who sign everything can tell the list manually.

R's,
John