Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-29 12:02:46
On Apr 28, 2010, at 2:11 PM, John R. Levine wrote:

Your proposal that MLM remove Signatures would cause restrictive
policies to fail.

Which is why I oppose this proposal.

Indeed.  I'm assuming that any list that paid attention to ADSP would sign
its outgoing mail and would expect its recipients to trust it enough to
whitelist the list's mail.

That's quite an assumption.  I would not make that same assumption as we chart
out new/better mechanisms for MLM's to handle DKIM-signed mail.  It will be
true in some cases, and false in others.  All for valid reasons we should seek
to account for.