Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-09-10 21:57:03
Scott Kitterman wrote:

"John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

It's not clear to me that there's consensus that anything qualifies as Best
Current.  We have some small samples of a few things that some people have
tried, but I don't sense we're there yet.
I hope that lists signing their outbound mail qualifies.  Large
providers Googlegroups and Yahoogroups do it, small providers
including MAAWG and myself also do.

Beyond that, you're right, we're at best guessing and at worst pulling
stuff out of our whatevers.

Which brings us back to the question of the value of the DKIM working
group writing an RFC that suggests people should sign mail.  I don't think
it has much.

There only seems to be SSA (special signing arrangements) and Receiver
Policies utility i.e. yahoo.

I think an experimental document that amounts to something like "We've
thought about this a lot and discussed it and collectively we've got NFC
yet what's best yet. Here are some ideas ..." is what's most needed.

NFC - funny!  Just as good as Murry's Cacophony! :)

Well, one thing for sure with such a cacophony and swamp environment,
before venturing into such a document, maybe the first rule should be:

   "He who dares to write a document (of any status) better believe in
it!"

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com