Re: [ietf-dkim] Who signs what

2010-09-16 13:14:39

On Sep 16, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Steve Atkins
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:39 AM
To: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Who signs what

If that's the case, then we need to stop using the term "third-party
signatures" when discussing ADSP, as ADSP does not make any distinction
that maps on to the general used meaning of "third-party".

A recipient doesn't sign incoming mail (it could but we don't really care
about that case), and we're not talking about author signatures (and I think
we agree on what those are).  What's left?

If I were to sign this email with d=pedantic.wordtothewise.com would that be a
third-party signature or a first party signature?

Cheers,
  Steve