Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-implementation-report-01

2010-10-01 10:14:13
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:
The results in Section 4.1.2 mention "Author vs. Third-Party".  That
is more about ADSP than DKIM.

True.  It should probably come out.

It could mean that or that most implementations default to d= From:
domain. I strongly believe that is a holdover of implementations being
based on DomainKeys code which had that constraint.

 Author vs. Third-Party:  73% of the signatures observed were author
 signatures, meaning the "d=" value in the signature matched the
 domain found in the From: header field.  The remainder, therefore,
 were third-party signatures.

I do believe the DKIM draft warns about having d= be related to other
headers in the message. Perhaps this stat could be restated as:

 d= relations:  73% of the signatures observed had a direct
correspondence to the From: header , meaning the "d=" value in the

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA