Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-implementation-report-01

2010-10-01 12:23:06
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Murray S.
Kucherawy
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 10:15 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-implementation-report-01

 d= relations:  73% of the signatures observed had a direct
correspondence to the From: header , meaning the "d=" value in the
signature matched the
 domain found in the From: header field.

Since there is no binding in RFC4871, which is the focus of the
implementation report, it seems more correct to me to just leave that
information out.  It's more of an ADSP statistic.

I should've read the whole thread before replying.  If consensus is to keep the
statistic in, I'm fine with Jeff's proposed language.