Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-implementation-report-01

2010-10-01 11:19:51
MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Murray S. Kucherawy
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 2:48 AM
To: SM; ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-implementation-
report-01

<SNIP>

The results in Section 4.1.2 mention "Author vs. Third-Party".  That
is more about ADSP than DKIM.
True.  It should probably come out.

This is of interest beyond ADSP. It helps the community understand who
is signing. There has been much discussion of the value of Author vs.
Third-Party signing outside of the ADSP discussion.

As Jeff points out, this may be related to implementations defaulting to
signing this way (or not easily allowing 3rd party signing).

I don't think it should come out.

I agree. If nothing else, it may be showing implementations which have bad
access control mechanisms. But it seems to me that stats on how people are
signing is generally interesting, and isn't linked to ADSP at all.

Mike