Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-01 18:56:32
Yes, could be good to do it as a separate extension, I thought also about
specifying an X-Header that would be signed by DKIM.

Another way is to have a dkim tag that specify the header that indicates the
stream classification

Many ways to kill the same bird.

As for the stream name, I think giving a few codified ones, would help the
receiver in making decision, but if sender wants to use his own, then be free
to do so.

Should we resurrect your draft, or go another way? Which way you want to go?
(How does it work in IETF?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Fenton" <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: "Franck Martin" <franck(_at_)genius(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Rolf E. Sonneveld" <R(_dot_)E(_dot_)Sonneveld(_at_)sonnection(_dot_)nl>,
"IETF DKIM WG" <ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Saturday, 2 April, 2011 9:33:10 AM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal:  Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

I'm told that adding something like this to 4871bis would require that
it go around again at Proposed Standard, rather than progress to Draft
Standard.

It might be possible as a separate extension to DKIM, however.  I have
an expired draft along these lines,
draft-fenton-dkim-reputation-hint-00.  But it didn't include the
specific stream names.

-Jim