Re: does vacation need to define what an address looks like?

2000-08-23 06:28:32

Tim Showalter wrote:

Ken Murchison <ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com> writes:

So are you saying that you want to allow the FULL RFC822 'address' which
includes 'group' and 'route', or the modified version that we talked
about earlier and I posted previously in this thread?  I ask because
when we visited this before IETF you explicitly didn't want to allow
groups.

Uh, let's forbid group and route, and limit it to a single address.  I
don't remember how to say it in RFC822.

Here's what I came up with and is currently used in Cyrus:

sieve-address   = addr-spec
                / phrase "<" addr-spec ">"

where addr-spec and phrase are as defined in RFC822.

Since I posted this earlier with no comment from anyone, its either
complete shit, nobody read it or nobody has any objections.  Let's
assume the latter :)

What about local addresses like "tjs" or "ken"?  Is this going to be a
MAY?

It probably should be.  I will try and come up with wording real soon.

If you want to throw a grammar element at it, it might be something
like:

addr-spec       /= local-part

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127