Re: Please shoot this ridiculous idea down.

2003-12-17 10:27:49

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 06:22:03PM +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Mark E. Mallett writes:

Well, people have ernestly said that it's good to keep N IMAP
connections open to watch for new mail in N mailboxes.

I would say that's a problem looking for a solution (as opposed
to the other thing, which is a solution looking for a problem :-) )

-mm-   (still trying to decide if the original post was serious.)

Not serious, no - that overloading is too repulsive for me to be serious
about. But also not joking. Wondering why I couldn't dismiss the idea.
It seemed ridiculous, but also...

Ah.  I would just consider it to be the wrong place, even if one
did want a separate session to watch mailboxes and folders.
(One might bury that in this MUPDATE thing, for example.)

Consider this question: If a client wishes to "manage sieve", does it
sound out-of-scope to monitor what the sieve implementation is doing?

It does to me.  But I see your point.

mm