Re: Please shoot this ridiculous idea down.

2003-12-17 10:31:36

Rob Siemborski writes:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Well, people have ernestly said that it's good to keep N IMAP connections open to watch for new mail in N mailboxes. Two is not very large by that scale.

Does this mean that the managesieve server now has to deal with all the shared folders it wouldn't normally be filing into also?

Good point. Very good point.

Thank you to everyone.

How does this interact with IMAP ACLs, which managesieve doesn't need to know about now?

Well, it doesn't matter, but I'd say that if I can persuade sieve to write to a mailbox, it's okay for sieve to tell me.

--Arnt