Re: Comments on draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09 from Eric Rescorla

2006-11-10 03:48:19

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:13:22AM +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
I think we need another mechanisms, probably header-based.

"Auto-Submitted: auto-generated" is defined in RFC 3834 section 5. 3834
orders autoresponders to be careful about incoming auto-submitted
messages. If similar language is added to the relevant sieve documents,
the result should be fine. At least in theory.

Did I just say "a header-based solution won't work unless widely
accepted"? I completely forgot about "Auto-Submitted:", thanks for
the reminder!

This WG is great. :)

Michael