Re: Comments on draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09 from Eric Rescorla

2006-11-10 14:37:39

Ned Freed writes:
The main issue with using Auto-submitted: is that it would block all cases of notifications sent in response to other notifications.

Not necessarily.

The rule could be phrased so that a simple implementation does just that, but a more complex one can use persistent storage to allow one-interation "loops" and remain safe and compliant.

I _might_ decide to implement a rule like "don't notify if incoming message is auto-submitted and the notification would go to an address I've recently notifified while processing this sieve script". (Sharing code with "don't notify if I've recently sent umpteen notifications to the same address while running this sieve script".)

Arnt