Re: When spoofing is.

2004-03-19 16:15:04

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:58:52AM -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:

In this particular case there is a very easy fix for the postcard sites,
they just use their own name, not a random name that someone entered
into a web form. they should have done that all along.

So, how should the recipient identify the entity that caused the card to
be sent, and how should the recipient reply to that entity?

Why should the recipient identify this entity?  Those postcard sites are
vulnerable to spoofing, let them fix their own problems.

First thing to do is to make them stop lying; once they've done that I
can decide if I trust them.  If I do, I know I can reply to the message.
And if I don't trust them, I can block the undesired messages without
going through many hoops.

just my 2c.
Alex van den Bogaerdt