RE: IPR Disclosure for Sender-ID

2004-08-03 21:20:35

Harry,

I appreciate the awkward position MS finds itself in.

The Sender-ID protocol remains a work in progress.

Therefore, since it is unclear whether MS will have IPR to
contribute or not at the end of the day, you suggest the WG
needs to wait until the product is finished before MS makes
a formal claim, if any.

However, unfortunately, this kind of leaves the WG in the
position of "Does she love me or does she love me not? That
is the question."

Why do I say this? It goes back to the license form which
comes with the IPR.

It seems the license form put forward by MS is an anathema
to many in the WG.

See as an example the post made by Phillip on 26.07.08, when