Re: SPF/FROM-HDR

2004-08-05 02:05:42

John Glube wrote:

With the realization we continued to have an IPR and
licensing issue with the existing Sender-ID draft, Wayne
suggested a substitution.

Yes, that point was clear.  But as I said on the SPF list
some days ago, IANAL and more interested in technical details.

All drafts based on SPF protocol-00 test "something" against a
IP and a sender policy in a certain more or less obvious order.
I don't see how anybody could patent the order of these tests.

The semantics of Sender; / From: / Return-Path: is "prior art",
and even the people who invented the internet can't claim that
this is new.

Last night I raised the Unified theory as a work around to
many of these problems.

Okay.  Then we'd still need a separate SPF/MAILFROM text for
the classic SPF test, and some technical corrections in SPF
protocol-00 (ABNF-issues, typos, RfC 3849 for IPv6 examples).

                          Bye, Frank