RE: Protocol next steps

2003-04-01 10:51:54

hi all,

i have taken a quick look at the draft and I do not have a problem with it
as a wg draft -00.

abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Hofmann [mailto:markus(_at_)mhof(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 12:21 PM
To: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Protocol next steps

Hilarie,

The timeline you suggest is not one I can meet.  I suggest
extending
this to the end of April.

the suggested timeline was just for deciding whether we
should publish
this as WG document or as individual draft. This *not* a WG last call
or such like, we expect to have more interations on this document!!

We just don't want to delay publishing this as ID. We want to have a
proper reference point, rather than just refering to some emails on
the list. As such, it would be preferable to publish this - either as
WG draft or as individual - in the very near future.

I personally feel that the document properly reflects the discussion
we had so far on the list, and, therefore, am tempted to publish this
as WG document.

I understand that you won't have the time for a very thorough,
detailed review until April 4. From your current perspective, would
you feel uncomfortable with moving this forward as WG draft? If so,
I'd recommend Alex to publish this as individual. If not, let's
publish this at WG document and keep working on it in the WG.

Thanks,
   Markus