From: Russ Housley [mailto:housley(_at_)spyrus(_dot_)com]
Sent: 08 August 2000 17:39
To: JimDavies(_at_)sedox(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Way Forward

Jim:

We encourage additional implementations to participate in the
interoperability testing.

I understand the concern that you raise about changes in the
mandatory-to-implement algorithms.  This is why we are having a discussion
before any action is taken.  Other implementors support RSA and do not
support D-H.  These folks would like to see S/MIME v2 and S/MIME v3 have an
interoperable mandatory-to-implement algorithm.

Russ