Re: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-email-envelope-00.txt

2004-01-26 09:05:33

At 01:36 04/01/26 -0500, Hector Santos wrote:

Also, consider Yahoo's plan for implementing their YDK (Yahoo Domain Keys)
proposal.  According to recent cyber news,  Yahoo has said they are going to
modify open source mail servers (I believe they mentioned sendmail and
qmail) to implement their YDK  and according them, plan to release it when
it all send and done.   I am seriously interested what others think about
this.

I have just looked at an article about YDK for a couple minutes, and
don't claim to understand it fully. There seem to be some similarities
to SPF and other proposals. We (W3C) have deployed SPF records just
recently. The main benefit we are expecting is that we can avoid
ourselves and our mailing lists being spammed by impersonators faking
our own email addresses. That's not all of spam, but it's a very
nasty and troubling bit of it.

Regards,   Martin.