Re: SF Support --> was Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce off ya

2004-02-12 10:51:05
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:24:42 EST, Hector Santos said:
Oh I think I finally see what is going on here.  You are an administrator!!

So positive of that, are we?

You might want to keep in mind that there are "administrators" on this
list who have forgotten more about SMTP behavior in production than you
have a hope of ever learning.

You might want to keep in mind that there are "administrators" on this
list who have probably created more code than you'll have a hope of creating.

If it helps, you have no clue to how we develop or share intelligence.
That's proprietary information.  But its not big secret for developers,
smart learning and caching.    You can try a lookup for a first time entry
and if it fails to return SPF info, you have a decision to make.  I've leave
that for food for thought.

Or you can avoid re-inventing the wheel and let DNS caching, both positive
and negative, do the work for you.  That's exactly why DNS caching was
invented.

But hey.. if you think you have a better idea what's in the DNS than the
DNS does, you're free to design your product that way.