Re: SPF Support -> Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce off ya

2004-02-12 08:36:39
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:30:29 EST, Hector Santos said:

In our work,  it became a design requirement to add a "SPF Domain List"
holding a list of domains to check.  I will now add AOL.COM to that default
list.

Then your design is broken, unless you want to keep doing

Let me check the other top dogs...  msn.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com,
hotmail.com, earthlink.com did not have txt records.

*THIS* for every domain that sends you mail.  If you have any sense,
you'd make a cronjob that greps through the mail logs at 2AM and does
a 'dig $FOO txt' for all domains that you got mail from that weren't
already in your list.

Remember that there's a good chance that 75% of your mail *isnt* from the
"top dogs".  And if you're relying on manual checking you might as well