SPF Support -> Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce off ya

2004-02-12 07:33:13

----- Original Message -----
From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 5:13 AM
Subject: Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce
off ya

It certainly looks implemented from here:

Yes, it sure does looks like it!   Can't explain why I didn't catch it or
see it earlier this morning.

Anyway, this is good news!

Ok, lets nix the MX thing for now (subject changed above).

The whole point was about how to best optimize a "DNS" lookup when the end
result is to validate sender machines as possibly the receiver machines as
well to validate the return address.

In our work,  it became a design requirement to add a "SPF Domain List"
holding a list of domains to check.  I will now add AOL.COM to that default
list.

Let me check the other top dogs...  msn.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com,
hotmail.com, earthlink.com did not have txt records.

http://www.santronics.com