Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce off ya

2004-02-12 02:33:16

----- Original Message -----
From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: MX Domain Name --> Was Re: Some Ideas I would like to Bounce
off ya

Two things:

1)  All this is  premature. Obviously not many developers here done much
with SPF.  SO YOU WIN!

I'll wait until you have implemented SPF into your SMTP software or script
or whatever and then when you see the overhead,  then maybe^H^H^H^H^HMAYBE
you more enlighten to the situation.

2) Thanks for the SPF record for AOL.

I can now add it to my internal domain/ip filter list and also research how
that can exposed as an MX record.

hmmm, lets see if they have it implemented yet....NOPE.   That means I can't
add it to my server-side list of SPF supported domains yet.   Again Its only
good for local^H^H^H^H^HLOCAL Domains.

http://www.santronics.com