Re: slow email validation problems (was reject vs bounce)

2005-09-14 02:07:45

If anyone is thinking of doing that sort of thing, I would recommend putting a fast host in front of the slow one. We do that at work, and it works well.

Our fast host rejects most spam, quickly about it, and forwards mail locally via LMTP. The LMTP server may take an awfully long time to accept mail, but that isn't a problem, because we've configured its only client to be generous about timeouts.

Arnt