Re: Unsticking rfc2821bis

2008-07-18 17:07:05

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
On Jul 18, 2008, at 9:38 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
If you, or anyone else, believe that the IESG has gone too far
over toward rules and assertions of their own authority
vis-a-vis the community, tell it to the Nomcom and hope that
helps.

Or tell me if you have these concerns, or bring specific issues up publicly.

Lisa,

Since this topic was hash, rehashed and turned into left-overs, through extensive public discussion, as well as lots of private exchanges, I'm not sure what you think will be added by more discussion. The concerns about misapplication of power were well and completely expressed by multiple people in multiple ways. It can't possibly be true that more discussion about it is needed.

As I see John's suggestion, it was about trying to get change in the way things are done, not about debating how they are done now.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking