Re: RFC 5321 4.4 Trace info

2008-11-07 16:11:28

Hi Ivar,
At 01:28 07-11-2008, Ivar Lumi wrote:
It's now almsot ok. Can you leave "interchangeably" out ? Most have don't have English a main language, this forces to use dictionary ... .
Just (also referred as "time  stamp" or "Received")  seems do the job.

The editor of the document will most likely take a decision based on the comments posted. As he pointed out in a previous message, there is similar text in a previous section and the word "interchangeably" is used there. My personal preference is to keep the word as it conveys the fact that we mean the same thing when we say "time stamp" or when we say "Received".

I understand that it may be difficult for non-English speakers but sometimes the authors cannot avoid that as they don't want a sentence to have two or more interpretations.

Regards,
-sm