Re: STARTTLS & EHLO

2009-01-28 04:56:46

Tony Hansen wrote:
Ahhh, there's where the difference in interpretation lays. One
interpretation is that the remote side is required to forget the value
that was passed with the original EHLO command. Another interpretation
is that it further must forget that an EHLO command was issued at all.

I guess I can see either interpretation of the STARTTLS spec.

Hence my question. I interpreted it the same as you, but it was apparent
that the authors of Exim interpreted it the same as Tony Finch. Maybe
clarification is needed.

--
Paul Smith

VPOP3 - POP3/SMTP/IMAP4/Webmail Email server for Windows