Re: STARTTLS & EHLO

2009-01-28 09:58:09

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Tony Hansen wrote:

Ahhh, there's where the difference in interpretation lays. One
interpretation is that the remote side is required to forget the value
that was passed with the original EHLO command. Another interpretation
is that it further must forget that an EHLO command was issued at all.

I guess I can see either interpretation of the STARTTLS spec.

As far as I can see it is clear. "The server MUST discard any knowledge
obtained from the client [...] which was not obtained from the TLS
negotiation itself. The client MUST discard any knowledge obtained from
the server [...] which was not obtained from the TLS negotiation itself."

The parts which I have elided are just examples, because they start "such
as".

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.