Re: Internationalization and the IETF

2000-12-12 01:00:02
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:25:25 PST, "Durah, Kheder" said:
This is my first transmission to IETF, and would like to second the fact
that DNS is an address registry and not a directory service.

It's all fine and good to insist that sort of thing until you're blue in
the face, but the reality is that we don't have a really good worldwide
directory service deployed, and as a result, we have a preponderance of
www.yourproductorcompanyhere.com.

We've given them the DNS hammer, and no screwdrivers.  As a result,
there's a lot of pounding of DNS nails...
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst